Application Deadlines and Procedures
- We invite applications from September onwards for our annual intake the following August. For the full-time MBA program in 2014, we are targeting an intake of 100-120 students, split into two class sessions.
Admissions operate on a phase basis. We recommend that international applicants apply by the first or second deadline to allow sufficient time for personal preparations and arrival at Hong Kong for the MBA. Consideration of late applications will depend on the availability of places. Application deadlines for the 2014 intake are as follows.
|| Nov 13, 2013
|| Jan 10, 2014
||Feb 7, 2014
||Jan 13, 2014
||Mar 14, 2014
||Apr 11, 2014
|| Mar 13, 2014
|| May 9, 2014
||Jun 6, 2014
Making an Application
Applications can be made through our online system. Simply register as a user and you will be able to take as much time as necessary to complete the application form before the deadline.
- Your application should include:
Reference forms can be completed online by work referees. Scanned copies of academic transcripts, GMAT score reports, TOEFL/ IELTS score reports, as well as employment and salary proof are sufficient at the application stage. Applicants will be notified individually if original copies of supporting documents are required at this stage.
- Completed online application form, including essays
- Three online work reference forms
- Academic transcripts
- GMAT score report
- TOEFL/ IELTS score report (if applicable)
- Employment proof of all job positions after university graduation
- Salary proof of the last 12 months
- Application fee of HK$1,560
The non-refundable application fee of HK$1,560 (approximately US$200) can be paid by:
- Credit card as indicated in the online application form; or
- Cash deposit to HKUST’s Hang Seng Bank account number 024 262 324999 014 in Hong Kong; or
- Bank draft payable to “The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology”. The original pay-in slip or bank draft, if applicable, should be mailed to the MBA Program Office.
Candidate profiles are reviewed upon full completion of online applications and full payment of the application fee. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
We conduct face-to-face interviews with shortlisted applicants residing in Hong Kong where possible. For candidates in other regions, video interviews via the Internet are arranged. Phone interview requests are not considered. Motivation, interpersonal and communication skills, career plans and maturity are assessed during the interviews.
Evaluation is based on the information provided in the application, work references and interview performance. Admissions decisions are not formula-driven, and depend on the applicant’s overall profile. Applicants are notified of the admissions results via mail by 12 weeks after the application deadline.
Accepting an Offer
Each successful candidate is required to return a signed acceptance form together with a non-refundable deposit of HK$50,000 before the stated offer acceptance deadline.